How do I?
DOGS ON BEACHES IN MOSSEL BAY MUNICIPAL AREA
Extract from Minutes of Ordinary Council Meeting held on 2014-11-27
DOGS ON BEACHES
Reference Number: 17/17/1 (xAgenda P.1428,1437)
That during the period from 1 December to 31 January annually, dog-owners be allowed to walk their dogs on the following beaches on the demarcated areas between the hours of 05:00 – 08:00 in the mornings and 18:00 – 20:00 at night.
- Santos Beach only for the duration of the doggy walk during the Dias Festival and Sports Festival
- Diaz Beach between the estuary and Bayview
- Hartenbos between the river mouth and Little Brak River excluding the Blue Flag Beach between the river mouth and the northern boundary of the parking lot.
- Reebok / Tergniet
- Dana Bay between First and Second Beach
2. That during the period from 1 February to 30 November annually, dog-owners be allowed to walk their dogs between the hours of 06:00 – 20:00 on the beaches mentioned in (1) supra.
3. That people who walk their dogs on beaches adhere to the following code of conduct:
Dogs must be under strict control of the owner / dog walker at all times.
b) Dogs must be leashed at all times.
c) Dog handlers must have control of their dogs at all times and not allow them to interfere with the pleasure of others using the public beach areas.
d) Vicious dogs must be muzzled.
e) Give right of way to people unaccompanied by dogs.
f) Dog handlers must be responsible for removing their dog’s faeces from beaches, grass areas, paths, car parks and any other areas used by pedestrians. Faeces should be removed from all areas immediately and either removed from site or placed in appropriate bins.
g) Bitches on heat may not be walked in the public beach areas.
h) Dog handlers must ensure that their dogs do not chase or injure wild life.
i) Public beach area notices must be complied with.
j) Dog handlers are to remain on public beach areas-approved paths and tracks at all times. No new paths may be created and no shortcuts are to be taken.
4. That the public be informed of Council’s intent to permit dogs on the green and orange-zoned beaches.
Dogs are prohibited on all beaches other than those specified in the above Council resolution
Last published 09 June 2016
Council adopts resolution on vandalism
In the light of vandalism that is costing the Municipality more than a million rand annually, Council resolved as follows at its monthly meeting on 28 May 2015:
When vandalism of any municipal property occurs, the following principles will apply:
1. When a project financed by way of municipal funds is underway and is vandalised, for example streets and sidewalks, and material is stolen, the project will be stopped immediately.
The remaining funds for such a project will then be allocated to other projects in another ward.
2. Where projects are incomplete as a result of vandalism, recovered or unused material will be used in other wards.
3. If vandals cause damage to fixed property such as halls, toilets and libraries, repairs will only be done in the next financial year after the reprioritisation of funds that originally would have been used for other projects in that ward.
4. Every case of vandalism, and how it will be treated in terms of the above, will be considered individually. In the case of operational projects, the Mayoral Committee will give an indication to the Municipal Manager where the funds could possibly be spent in another ward. In the case of capital projects, the project will be referred to the next adjustments or capital budget for the reapplication of funds.
5. When projects are carried out with grants from Province, the project will not be stopped as a result of vandalism. As repairs to such a project have to be financed with ratepayers’ money, the spending will then be handled as in 4 above.
6. All the abovementioned actions are subject to compliance with the relevant policies and legislation.
7. That this motion is communicated properly to communities so that every resident is aware that their ward is going to suffer damage if everyone does not assume ownership of their environment. Communication must be done by way of Council’s normal communication channels such as the media, monthly newsletters and the website as well as the distribution of pamphlets in all areas.
The above must be done in all three official languages.Last published 09 June 2016
In addition to this website, such advertisements are also placed in Eden Express (Mosselbaai) which appears on Wednesday and is available free of charge at convenience stores, shopping centres, kiosks, etcetera, all over the Mossel Bay municipal district.Last published 09 June 2016
DIRECTORATE: TECHNICAL SERVICES
Secretary: Melanie Petersen
Contact Number: 044 606 5082
DIRECTORATE: PLANNING AND INTEGRATED SERVICES
Secretary: Helené Bailey
Contact Number: 044 606 5073
DIRECTORATE: CORPORATE SERVICES
Secretary: Rolene Theurnicht
Contact Number: 044 606 5005
DIRECTORATE: COMMUNITY SERVICES
Secretary: Siphokazi Majola
Contact Number: 044 606 5007
DIRECTORATE: FINANCIAL SERVICES
Secretary: Lisma Snyman
Contact Number: 044 606 5009
Last published 09 June 2016
Indien u van ‘n voorafbetaalde meter gebruik maak word u aangemoedig om vanjaar vroegtydig u kragaankope te maak. Gedurende die feestyd is daar dikwels probleme weens netwerk oorladings of kommunikasieprobleme op die verskillende stelsels en mag dit gebeur dat u probleme kan ondervind wanneer u krag wil aankoop. Neem asseblief ook kennis dat u ook nou krag deur middel van u selfoon per debiet of kredietkaart kan aankoop as u by ABSA , Standardbank of Nedbank ‘n rekening het.
If you make use of a prepaid electricity meter, you are advised to purchase electricity as soon as possible. During the festive season it often happens that the networks get overloaded or problems with the communication systems are experienced which can lead to problems with purchasing of electricity. Please note you are now also able to purchase electricity by means of your cell phone via a debit or credit card if you bank at ABSA, Standard bank or Nedbank.
Last published 09 June 2016
HOW DO I BOOK A HALL?
A hall can be booked in person at the booking office situated at the town hall in Mossel Bay or by phone, fax and e-mail.
Contact Details: Jacob van Eeden at Tel (044) 606 5112, Fax (044) 606 5062
Mossel Bay Municipality
101 Marsh Street
AVAILABILITY OF HALL
Availability of a hall will be supplied at the booking office.
TARIFF OF HALL
The tariff of a hall will be supplied at the booking office.
Kindly contact the booking office for application forms.
HOW CAN I PAY FOR THE LEASE OF A HALL?
The payment of a refundable breakages deposit is required simultaneously with the reservation of the hall.
The fixed rental must be paid within 48 hours after the reservation of a hall, in failing which the reservation will lapse automatically.
Payment of the deposit and rental of a hall can be made at any cash office of Mossel Bay Municipality. Payment can be made in cash or cheque made out to Mossel Bay Municipality.
Cash Offices are situated at:
- Mossel Bay Municipality
- D’Almeida Civic Centre
- Great Brak River
The receipt of your deposit payment must be faxed or produced in person at the booking office on the same day as the reservation was made.
To confirm your booking the receipt of the rental payment must be faxed or produced in person at the booking office within 48 hours after the reservation was made.
Bank deposit payments can be arranged with the booking office.
REFUND OF DEPOSIT
The original receipt is needed for the refund of your deposit.
Approval for the refund of the deposit will be given upon confirmation that everything is in order by a joint inspection after the function.
The deposit will be refunded within 5 working days.
If any damages occurred it must be repaired within 24 hours by the lessee, in failing which the deposit will be utilised for this purpose. If the cost of repairs exceeds the deposit the lessee will be required to pay the shortfall to the Municipality within seven (7) days.
WHERE ARE THE COMMUNITY HALLS SITUATED?
Community Halls are situated in the following areas:
- Mossel Bay Town Hall
- Asla Park
- Joe Slovo Village
- Dana Bay